We've got a new beam going into the basement so it's out of commission for the time soon. They had to put in new 5' x 5' concrete footings while also removing the original wood structure beam and replacing it with a steel I-beam.
A lot of work for something that doesn't give us much in the way of satisfaction once done. But what it will do is give us a sense of comfort as we embark on other remodeling projects throughout the house.
We also started the work in the kitchen opening up the walls. Turns out that the plaster and lathe has a metal mesh running through it. So much for tool of choice being sledge hammer. Good thing the mister has every type of saw imaginable.
Lastly, we started demo work in the main level bath. Good-bye peach floor-to-ceiling tile!